Monday, June 20, 2011

Large Format Photo Choice

"The Pace of Nature" * Rexburg, Idaho * 6/12/2011 – 7:23 PM * f/5.6 *1/250 sec *Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT *
I took this picture during the evening time when there was great light. There were shadows everywhere and the water was moving slowly but had enough movement to show a ripple effect and bring texture into the shot. I took the camera portrait style so I could keep the focal point on the lighting that draws the eye up the river and almost through the bend. The clarity was great when I opened it up on the computer and I was very pleased. After printing it, I realized that I needed to increase the greens which is why I increased my levels even more but masked everything out. It already has great contrast with the shadows that the surrounding trees created. I chose the image because it looked great raw and had to make minor edits. That is the kind of photography I enjoy. Also, I feel like it has great composition and depth and would look great in large photo format.  I decreased exposure and increased saturation in camera raw and then brought it into photo shop to do adjustment layers. Adjusted the levels to increase the exposure of green tree and masked out other areas to keep contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about some constructive criticism?