Monday, June 6, 2011

Edge Effects

"I'm just a summer girl" * 6/4/2011 – 3:03 PM * Omaha, Nebraska * 1/1250 sec * f/5.0 *  Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT * Taking pictures outside on a sunny day was rough, however, we did have a roof over this part when I took the picture. I ended up increasing the exposure and then increasing the blacks to detract from the background in Camera Raw. Then, I brought it in photoshop and added a brushed-on effect. I switched between brushes to get the look I wanted and kept the opacity at 100. 

 "Symbols" *  6/4/2011 – 3:00 PM * Omaha, Nebraska * 1/3200 sec * f/5 * Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT * I had to zoom in really close to get this shot. The bride actually asked me to take a picture of her necklace because it has the diamond from her mothers wedding ring that her deceased dad gave her. I wasn't sure which to focus on more so I focused in the middle of the shot. Then, brought it into camera raw and increased the blacks and contrast. I also took an adjustment brush and touched on the ring and the necklace. When creating the transparent frame, I had to decrease the exposure of the original picture to increase the burned boarder. I wanted it to focus on the ring and the necklace so I made the frame a little thicker.

"Walking on Water" * 6/2/2011 – 1:53 PM * Omaha, Nebraska: Mormon Trail Center * 1/30 sec * f/3.5 * Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT  * I took this picture at the bronze exhibit at the Mormon Trail Center (my mission). Lighting was difficult but I got this angle and I loved the shot. I added the flexible brushed on effect and alternated my brushes. Also, I reduced the opacity to help blend the edging a little better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

How about some constructive criticism?