Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Scannography


"The Guymon's" * 6/7/11--5:25 * Spori Scanner * 800 dpi * Epson v500 * Scanned each item individually with a black foam core poster over them and then took them all into Camera Raw and increased the blacks to have a more defined black edge to make it easier to cut. Then, I cut them all out and placed them on this black background.


"Fabricated" * 6/7/11--5:20 * Spori Scanner * 800 dpi * Epson v500 * This took a few tries on the scanner using preview. I had to figure out how to make sure everything was covered by fabric and that the G was centered. I brought it into Camera Raw and adjusted the exposure, increased the blacks and saturation and even used the adjustment brush on the G. (I sized it at 1000 because it would have been too small at 700.)



1 comment:

  1. These turned out amazing! The fabrics scanned so well, it turned out awesome. The one with your rings looks really good, I can't believe they are scanned separately. You blended those so well, I had to double check that they were not all one picture! Seriously. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

How about some constructive criticism?